Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ready to Go




Before I headed out with the large format gear for a morning of photography, I snapped this photo of the gear in the back of the Subaru.

It's sunny and warm, but the chains are still loose in the wayback. It's just a few days ago, now, that I needed them to get up the hill.

I don't know who controls the weather but sometimes I think they're asleep at the switch. Then they wake up, and realize that they've been napping and things have gone to hell - poof! We get warm, sunny weather.

The green duffel has my rain gear in it. On top is the new Windblog neck gaiter, for when it's windy. The white ammo cans are full of film. You can't carry too much film in the car. The grey thing is my photo vest, with various useful bits of stuff (like a focusing loupe, and reading glasses to look at the ground glass) tied to it. When I put it on, it's really convenient, but I'm sure I look like even more of a doofus than I usually do.