Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A Dog's Life

I was lining up for a Really Artistic Photograph of these puddles. I had the reflection of a very nice Douglas Fir all lined up in the puddles. Nice texture in the gravel around the puddles. The puddles had no ripples, they were like glass.




Fortunately, before I could make an Artistic Photograph, the dog intervened. First, he stepped directly in the farthest puddle. Then, he showed me what was REALLY important this morning - sniffing a really interesting spot where some Wild Animal apparently did something that made a nice (ahem), interesting smell.

Sometimes, I try to make one photograph but end up with a different, unexpected one. Life is like that. I like this photograph but it's not at all what I had in mind.

(about the title - if you haven't read Peter Mayle's wonderful book "A Dog's Life", you should do it right away.)